I based the cupcake sponge on Jessica's Sweet Addictions recipe for Peanut Butter and Nutella Cupcakes (which look amazing!) This recipe worked so well! I had crunchy Peanut Butter at home at the time and I think that really added to the cake. To make the icing I made a Jam flavoured Butter Icing using a small amount of butter, icing sugar and a berry Jam.
|Peanut Butter and Jam Cupcakes|
Peanut Butter and Jam Cupcakes
(From Jessica's Sweet Addiction )
8oz Caster Sugar
4oz soft Peanut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
8oz Self Raising Flour
Half tsp Baking Powder
100ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
500g Icing Sugar
2 tble spns Jam
- Preheat oven 180C and prepare muffin tin with cases (recipe makes 24 cupcakes)
- Mix together Peanut Butter, Butter and Sugar until combined.
- Add one Egg at a time and then add the Vanilla Extract.
- Fold in the Flour and Baking Powder. Once combined at the Milk gradually and mix.
- Bake until golden brown ( 20 minutes).
- For the Butter Icing mix the Butter with half the Icing Sugar. Add the Jam and mix before adding the other half of the Icing Sugar. Pipe onto cooled cakes!
Apologies for the measurements changing! I wanted to put Jessica's Sweet Addictions recipe as it is on her blog, but I work in grams! This is a lovely recipe and made fantastic, fluffy cakes! The Icing Sugar has the potential to become to wet with Jam, so add the Icing Sugar in two parts. Seen as I have gone Cupcake mad I thought I would also put this forward to Calender Cakes (Laura Loves Cakes and Dolly Bakes) and share another Cupcake.
Peanut Butter and Jam Cupcakes were so much better that Peanut Butter and Jam on toast! Enjoy!